Re: LUGOLA Web Site now up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:12:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Anne Carasik writes:
Hi all,

With Scott's help (thanks Scott! :), we now have a web page.
I've donated the space and time to get something going, and
there are a couple of things we definitely need.

I can think of one you do not have yet... the lugola.com URL - I have it and
will add a link to your page. I would just have it point to your site, but I
do not want to leave Bruce out in the cold with his version of the Lugola
site. More on that later..

- Member's LEGO website links (brickshelf, personal, etc)

My site is http://www.landofbricks.com  ;)~

- Any photos or photo links of LUGOLA activities (I don't
have THAT much disk space, so any additional links here
would be wonderful)

I still have tons left on my server - if needed I could host some pics (as
long as the total size is not huge) Since Brickshelf is no longer a really
'speedy' place to host and viewing pictures there has become a pain.

- Mailing list information

This is something I have been meaning to do. I want to get somesort of
opt-in mailing list prog, but have not been able to find any (but i have not
looked very hard)

- A logo? I've done something VERY basic, but obviously someone
can have serious fun with this

I was sent a few, I forgot who sent them to me due to computer crash. But I
am pretty sure I have them somewhere - I will dig them up. They were pretty
good.

Anyway, feel free to check through it, and send me and Scott
(scottcos@spamfree.yahoo.com) any information you want to
have added.

One of the things I have been meaning to do is set up emails for all
members. so you could have yourname@lugola.com email (hey, you can never
have enough email addys!!)

But this brings up hosting - I am sure we could have the memebrs chip in for
hosting, pay for it a year at a time. I counted about 37 members on the list
- I mean even if we have them throw in $5 a pop that could get us some
serious good hosting with a bunch of space. I am very happy with my host -
and we could get 400MB of space with lots of extras (password directories,
etc) for about $150 a year... Anyway - we can talk more about this via email
or whatever works best.

But one of the things I am concerned about is the spacing out of Lugola
sites. Bruce has his at
http://www.ozbricks.net/bricktales/lugola/lugolamain.html

I think it would be best try to pool talents and come up with a few
templates and have members vote on them, same thing with Logos. Maybe during
Brickswest we can all get together and see what happens.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

The web site is at:
http://www.brickbox.com/lugola

Thanks,

-Anne
--
I get plenty of exercise- jumping   (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
to conclusions, pushing my luck,     >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.