Subject:
San Diego County (Brickwest) Transportation Online Guides
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:03:42 GMT

Nick & any others needing public transport,

Here's an online guide to San Diego County public transit. Type in Legoland
for your destination (the hotel is very near there), and where you are
starting from. It only works inside the county though.
http://www.sdcommute.com/service/otis_index.asp

The only Bus that goes to Legoland is Route 344:
http://www.sdcommute.com/service/344.htm
It leaves from Carlsbad Poinsetta Station.

The coaster goes from Oceanside Transit Center thru Poinsetta all the way to
Union Station in Downtown San Diego, but it doesn't run Sundays.

I know that Metrolink goes from LA to Oceanside Transit Station. The Coaster
from there is a possibility Friday/Saturday. Otherwise you have to take a
bus, which will be a combination of Routes 301 & 344 (which both run on Sunday).
The trip planner above will give you exact details depending on your
departure time from Oceanside Transit Center.

I would also try Cloud 9 shuttle. I know they make a run from San Diego to
LAX for about $30 (I don't know if they would do the reverse though). I use
them to get to the San Diego Airport. Their drivers are friendly, on-time,
and the customer service is good too.
http://www.cloud9shuttle.com/

HTH,
Clark

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Nick Crocco writes:
Hello. My name is Nick and I am currently attending Loyola Marymount
University in Los Angeles Ca, between Westchester and Santa Monica. I am
really hoping on being able to attend Brickwest, but I have one problem:
getting there. I do not have a car at the university and, since I am only
18, am too young to rent one. I have only been in LA for 6 months, and am
still figuring out the bus systems. If anyone would be willing to provide a
ride to Brickwest (for me and a friend) or could tell me how to take a bus
to the event, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been posting on Lugnet now
for 2+ years, and have never been to Legoland. I think that Brickwest would
be a great opportunity to attend the park and finally meet some people from
Lugnet and see their MOCs in person. If someone could assist in any way,
that would be great. The address of the school is 1 LMU Drive. Thank you
very much.

~Nick
swatlego@aol.com
www.swatonline.org