Re: Legoland Shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 19:18:29 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Sun Yun writes:
I'm thinking about driving to Legoland to pick up some bulk bricks.

From what I've heard, it's done by the pound.  I was just wondering how good
the selection is and if the prices are reasonable.  Basically, I wanna know
if it's better than "shop at home" because I'm trying to figure out which
place I should source from.

The main thing I'm looking for is grey brick and lots of it.  Foliage of any
kind would be great too.

If anybody's been down there recently could possibly list a sampling of what
they've got.

Oh, and do you have to pay admission to get to the bulk bricks?  That is
important.

Thanks in advance,

sun

Not having been there recently, things might have changed, but I have been
there several times, and during those times the changes were pretty minor,
so I don't expect there to be a big difference now either.

Basically they don't have a huge selection.  In fact, they probably only
have eight or nine varieties of bricks.  I took some pictures a year or so
ago of what they had: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2504

The bulk bricks they have are sort of a bonus if you want to visit LEGOLAND
anyway.  I would recommend against going if that's your only reason for
going.  You do have to pay admission to get into the park, and to where the
bulk bricks are located.  The bulk bricks are in front of the model shop,
which is very close to the "Washington DC" part of Miniland.

Hope that helps.

--
  David Schilling