Re: September 8th meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:56:04 GMT

Dave didn't put what time. Anyone know what time it starts?

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Bryce McGlone writes:
Hey gang! I'm posting this for Dave because he went on vacation. He wrote
the balance of this post.

Well, it's almost that time again! This next meeting is once again being
held in
Southern Orange County courtesy of the Michon
family. There is much to do and much to confirm before we do it.
I'll begin by
apologizing about the lateness of this initial post.
My now ex-email account (hardcoredj@techie.com) has been unreachable
for most of
the week and when I finally got in
EVERYTHING was gone. It was as if I opened a new account, so Susan
and Ted, I'm
sorry that I don't have your previous replies
to build on, but they look to be gone for good.

Alright, now for the confirmations thus far:
The Michon Family
Dave Johann
Bryce McGlone
Scott Costello
Ace Kim (tentative)
Christopher Snead (coming down from the Bay area)
Eric Sophie (flying in from New York)
Brad and Shelly Hamilton (tentative, but highly doubtful) ;)
Dan Jassim
Jason Sutherland

If you don't see your name here, please email me at
legomecha@home.com. This is
my main address and hasn't failed me yet. I'll
update this post with more info leading up to the meeting.

Things planned for the meeting:

International Promo Box-this is the Jambalaya box that Russell Clark
presented
us with at the August meeting. Remember to bring
the rare and valuable sealed stuff to trade into the box. There are
still quite
a few suprises in there. From us, it moves on to Europe,
I believe. I'm still awaiting confirmation on this. We'll ship it
during the
meeting if it's pheasable.

MechFest 2001-Why else would Eric Sophie fly in from New York? With
4+ mecha
builders at this meeting, I guarantee that
mech talk will abound. Christopher, Bryce, Eric and I will all be
brining an
array of mecha designs including some things that
haven't been seen before. Perhaps we can persuade Eric to show us
how an RCX can
be used in large scale creations? Hmmm?

Trading, Buying, Selling-You know, the usual. I don't yet know if
Brian Stokes
or Jimmy Park will be present, but I can tell you
that I've come across some hard to find stuff in the past week. It
took me quite
a while to track down the sets those castle minifigs
came from. The space and pirate figs were much easier. Also, don't
forget your
Bionicle masks if you wish to join in THAT
trading frenzy.

Homeless Unnamed Pacific Ocean Gathering-Yes, we'll be discussing
BrickWestFest
and start the preliminary plans for the trip
north. We've talked about it in the past, and now it appears to be a
reality.

Discuss the LUGOLA Baby Boom-just kidding...with Brad and Shelly
expecting any
moment now and Dan showing off pictures
of the littlest Jassim, I just couldn't resist.

Carpool info: I know there will be a carpool from Van Nuys
travelling the 210
through Monrovia on the way to Southern Orange
County. What I don't know yet is whether or not there is an
available seat.
We'll know shortly.

Other carpools? Please contact me and I'll post the info.

I'm certain there is something that I missed, but anything I've
forgotten will
be added before the meeting.

-Dave Johann (proud to be wearing the communications helmet again
while Brad
deals with other things)