Re: LUGOLA August 4 Meeting Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 01:47:45 GMT

Nuther great meeting as usual Brad!  Wade(?) is Dereks brother.  I might have to
borrow your pic of my MOCs since I don't have any yet.  Hope thats OK and does
not involve any type of trademark or service mark..

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Brad Hamilton writes:
Our meeting on August 4th was again a great success!

We had numerous new members as well as some out-of-towner's.

Here is the brickshelf folder with the pics:

Here is group shot:

From Left-To-Right, the people are:
Brad Hamilton
Ted Michon
David Michon
Thomas Michon
Wade?? (friend of Derek Schin.  Sorry - I forgot your name)
Derek Schin (blue shirt)
Bryce Mcglone
Brian Stokes
Sun Yun
Rick Kujawa (green shirt in back)
Russell Clark (BAYLUG)
Christopher Pisciotti
Dave Johann
Susan Michon
Henri Lim
Various neighborhood kids lured by the scent of fresh LEGO! (The taller one
in the back actually did some pretty good impromptu LEGO stuff with Brian's
trade fodder).

Also attending, but not in the picture:
Jason Sutherland
Shelly Hamilton (My wife who was taking this picture)
Jimmy Park and Betty, his girlfriend
Eric Bitton
Additional Neighbors

Dan Jassim was out due to the fact that his baby was being born.

The next meeting is schedule for Saturday, September 8, at the Michon's
house in Irvine.  Due to our impending baby birth, I'm not so sure that
we'll be able to attend

Other pics include:

An 8-wide train with cool, motorized sliding doors that actually swung out
like real subway doors.  This was done by the Michon boys.

Victorian house by Susan Michon (who claims it's her first LEGO building - I
wish my first attempt had looked this great!)

More train stuff by the Michon boys.

Mechs by Bryce and Sun Yun

Christopher Pisciotti's cool castle buildings

Dave Johann's Mechs

Falcon and other MOC's by Derek Schin

MOC's from Rick Kujawa

http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm
Bricktopia (shown a lot but no new pictures) by me

http://members.home.net/hmltn1/ldraw/lcath.htm
Liquid Cathedral - by me - LDRAW stuff doesn't show well in person.  I guess
I should have printed some pics out.

Trading Action

Not Shown
Fabulous new light house by Jason Sutherland.  He decided that he wanted to
put some more landscaping on before photographing it so pictures were
banned.

Other News:
Jimmy and Betty are now engaged!
Brian GAVE me a complete 6411 (Paradisa Sand Dollar Cafe) as a pre-baby
present.  Everyone knows how much I love Paradisa, so this will be a well
loved gift (Especially the curved windows!)
Dave Johann is now going to take over the LUGOLA promotional activities as I
focus on our baby.
There was some discussion of a West Coast Brickfest, but I was busy doing
other things so I didn't hear all the details.
Brian's Mother load gets picked over at every meeting, but always seems to
bounce back with new parts.  Thanks Brian for being our "supplier!"