Reminder: August 4th LUGOLA Meeting - Southern California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 23:09:02 GMT

The LUGOLA meeting is this Saturday, August 4th at 1PM.  A few people are
coming at 12:30 to set up.

The meeting is in Mission Viejo, in southern Orange County.  It looks like
it's going to be another high attendance event!

This time happens to correspond to the time when the PNLT is going to be
showing
off their layout at Lego-Land.  If any out-of-towners are going to be there
for that event and want to join us (we are about 30 minutes north of LL),
then they are more than welcome.  I've already received several RSVP's from
out-of-towners.

So far, the following people have confirmed:

Me (Brad Hamilton) and my wife (Shelly) - A new building and several
modified ones in Bricktopia
Brian Stokes
Dave Johann
Bryce McGlone - Thinks he can finish a new Mech
Clark Stephans
Adrian Egli
Robert Powell - New train and building
Jason Southerland - Bringing a new large building!
Rod Ripley
Eric Bitton
Jimmy Park
The Michons
Scott Costello
Henry Lim
Russell Clark (BAYLUG)
Derek Schin
Tom Stangl (BAYLUG)
Rick Kujawa - He is bringing a new "math" sculpture and an alternate model
from 2 7312's
Christopher Pisciotti, is coming (new person from Lake Forest - right down
the street from me)
Maybe: Sun Yun and a guest from Boston.
( Dan Jassim cannot make it because he has a new baby )

Topics:
- Brian's mother lode has apparently increased in size
- I'll be giving the usual BrickTopia tours.
- We need to discuss the plans for a West Coast BrickFest
- I've been promoting most of the recent meetings, but I'm not sure how much
time I'll have with our baby coming.  I don't think I'll be totally
incapacitated, so I think I'll stay in that roll, but I need to at least
have a back up who can take over in the event that I can't keep up.
- The Michons are going to host the next meeting in late September.  Does
anyone have good dates?  Are there any events that we want to synchronize
with?  The Michons live in Irvine which is relatively close to our house.
It should be a nice centralized location.

Please RSVP (to my email at bhamilto1@home.com) so I can get an idea of head
count.

We'll provide the usual chips, dip, and soft drinks.  If you want to bring
more food or snacks, then that's great, but not necessary.

Our address is:
Brad and Shelly Hamilton
10 Copperstone Ln
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Home: 949-859-8024
Work: 949-727-1733 x364 (Brad)

Our house is NOT on the Yahoo maps and is only on the 2001 Thomas Brothers
map.  It is in a new neighborhood.  They are doing road construction so the
directions are a bit different!!!!

Directions from North (LA):
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off right after the El Toro "Y" (where the 405/5 meet) at El Toro Road.
Get in the left-most lane to get off!
You will turn left as you get off onto a side street and then left again
onto El Toro.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Directions from South (San Diego & LEGOLAND)
Go North on the 5 and get off at El Toro road.  (about 1/2 hour north of
LEGOLAND) - Turn right.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Local Directions:
Go WAY up El Toro Road (several miles) - you should be going East (towards
the mountains)
Turn LEFT at Portola (About 1 block before the toll road.  If you see the
toll road, then you have gone too far!)
Turn RIGHT on Glen Ranch Road
Turn RIGHT at El Toro
Turn LEFT on Wandering Trails
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

Directions coming south on the 241 (Bryce - probably good for you - It will
cost about $3 each way)
Get off on Portola Parkway and turn LEFT.
Turn RIGHT on Glen Ranch Road
Turn RIGHT at El Toro
Turn LEFT on Wandering Trails
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

HOUSE
We have brand new carpet that is a really light color.  When inside, we ask
that you remove your shoes to help preserve our carpet.