 Organizations / United States / LUGCO / 34
33  |  35
Subject:
Next meeting ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugco
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 04:02:19 GMT

Hi fellow LUGnerds.
First off I'd like to belatedly thank and congratulate Todd on the LUGCO
site transfer.  All looks good.

Next meeting ideas:  I hope I'm not too late on this.  Shoot me down if its
stupid, please.  I was thinking we could hold a little drag race at Todd's
with custom built (on the spot or we could build them with our own parts in
advance) racers from the new pullback racer sets.  Silly, I know.

We could do this a couple of ways.  Each of the motors is different so we
could either gather up 4 of the same motor or we could purposely try to
compete with different types.

Right now I have 1 each of:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4583

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4584

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4582

I know Todd has a 4583 and I would bet by now Michael has at least one copy
(for the green wheels) of it as well. If we had one more then we could all
use that standard motor (with minimal financial impact..always a good thing
:-)

We could establish some quick rules and maybe make a small trade pile prize.

Here is a good picture (I don't get a S@H catalog so maybe you guys have
seen this) that describes the different motors:

In other news:

Tulsa has 5 or 6 Kmarts and the nicest one is closing.  I thought this was
nuts until I thought about its location next to a Target and mall.  I went
by there last week to scope it out.  Another person on Lugnet had mentioned
that in the past, when closing stores, Kmart would set aside a few stores as
liquidation hubs that would suck in merchandise from other Kmarts.  This has
gotta be one.  I have never seen a retail store so packed with merchandise.
There were many many pallets being stocked when I was there.  All toys and
Lego was 20% off as of last week.  I'll go by tomorrow to see how it looks
now.  My Lego budget is shot for a while but if the clearances drop low
enough I'll be interested.  Could be some cool stuff there we all want.
I'll try to keep ya informed.

As for trades this time I've got a couple ziplocks with some stuff.  Maybe
I'll find some more. :-)

-Jon