Re: Congrats LUCNY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:50:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:
Well, we did it!  We have our own newsgroup.  I would just like to make a
few notes on some webpage action:

Perhaps people should start sending some bio info for the roster section of
the site.  Wayne outlined some ideas, and maybe he should post them here
too, since I think there are now people that are interested who are not on
the mailing list anymore.  Plus, the more posts here, the bigger and better
we look!  (Not that Im competitive or anything... no....)

One thing that should be in the bio is your hometown.  That way I can place
dots on our wonderful map.  We can get a better feel for where everyone is.

I would love to start getting some news up about an upcoming meeting or
event....  perhaps we could get something together soon.  I think a meeting
would be the easiest way to get the ball rolling.  I am definately
interested about getting a train layout started, and I have heard some other
talk of that nature too.  We could work in cooperation with CNYLTC.

...or LTUCNY perhaps   :^)

Send me URLs to gallery pics.  I hope everyone likes how I have them now,
but I can take suggestions.  I am really not for hosting others images on my
server, but rather having them on brickshelf.com and linking to them.  I can
put up event or meeting pics, though.  I just dont want to chew up tons of
webspace.  :)

Sounds solid.  I'll send you my links to Brickshelf.

Todd posted something regarding having a "curator" for each newsgroup, and I
could take the responsibility for this one, if its ok with others.  I think
its working ok with Wayne handling organizational issues and me handling the
web end of things.  Any other ideas are welcome though!

Another solid idea.  Thanks for handling this, Dave.

We are getting to be a big club, and Im trying to keep the website up to
pace.  Any suggestions are welcome!  The page should serve the club to the
best of its ability!

The contact page of lucny.org needs a link to lugnet.org.us.lucny now...

-Dave
http://www.bricktannia.com