Subject:
Meeting Nov. 10 in Ithaca (rump session?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 19:34:19 GMT

Hi.  As mentioned in previous posts, I'm happy to host a Lucny gathering this
Saturday, Nov. 10, at my place in Ithaca.  Feel free to come about 1; the
meeting will have to break up by 4:30 or so.  I don't have any great ideas for
activities except for hauling out my trains and setting 'em up, and perhaps
doing some trading if those coming can get out want lists by then.

I live at 301 Maple Ave., Apt. D-8, phone # 277-3502.  You can find a map at
maps.yahoo.com:

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=301+Maple+Ave.&csz=Ithaca%2C++NY&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

which should be sufficient for those somewhat familiar with Ithaca.  Just a
note that the Judd Falls Rd. (East Hill Plaza) end of Maple Ave. is currently
closed off due to construction, so you'll need to come in from the other
direction if driving.  We live close enough to campus to walk, although it
would be a pretty good hike from north campus, I guess (Dave).  We live in the
Maple Hill apartment complex, which is not to be confused with the Maplewood
complex located just down the hill at 201 Maple Ave.  To get to our place
coming from the west on Maple Ave., go to the top of the hill (to the point
where the road is blocked off as of now, although that may change by Saturday
as the construction is almost finished) and turn right down our driveway.  D-8
is located basically straight down the drive, just to the right.  Parking
short-term in our lot is no problem; ignore any threatening signs.  If you need
better directions, e-mail and I'll explain better.  I also would appreciate
RSVP's, although I guess they're not strictly necessary.  As a final reminder
to those with allergies, we do have a resident cat.

Alan