Re: #define-ing stuff for Chibots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:51:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Talking about Chibots Maze event, Davis, Brian L. wrote:

   Oh, and of course the real kicker for event day - I'm developing on a black maze
on white background, flagging everything that should matter to make a "negative
copy" of the software for later. Ugh.

I'm not totally sure about this, but try playing around with #define

In one language I use, the compiler will totally take out the variable, and put in
the defined value, before compiling the program.  I assume that's how it should work
in C and NQC.

So, you can do this:

---
#define UseColor    >
// '>' is black line
// '<' is white line

if (s1 UseColor threshold1)
{
  // s1 is on line
}
else
{
  // s1 is off line
}

Or a different way

#define BLACKLINE 1

#if BLACKLINE
#define SEELINE(reading,threshold) reading < threshold
#else
#define SEELINE(reading,threshold) reading > threshold
#endif

  if (SEELINE(s1,threshold1)) {
    // s1 is on the line
  } else {
    // s1 is off the line
  }

This way is what I see done by my coworkers and myself at work.  By
encapselating the entire comparison in the macro, then the macro name helps make
the code more self documenting.

You simply change the #define of BLACKLINE to 0 instead of 1 for white lines on
black background.

Kev

----

   What is the maximum incline in the advanced maze? I've got the sensor head
pivoting now, and I think ground clearence will be OK, but we'll see.

For Chibots advanced line, they usually have a hump that's about 2 inches high, in
the middle, and 6 to 8 inches long.

Steve