Next Event: Rock Crawling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:37:38 GMT

I spoke with John Brost last night, and we came up with good idea for
our Christmas event.  This may go on longer, if we have enough
fun.  We'll see how it goes.

The idea started when we were looking at John's cool RC
motorcycle.  The first thought was a simple RC race.  Then, an
Obstacle course.  This morning, I realized what we really want to do
is RC Rock Crawling.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, check
this out:  http://www.uroc.com/  There's a video that should get you
excited about building a robot that can climb over stuff, like the cars do.

It would be open to any kind of LEGO robot, and remote controls will
be allowed/encouraged/required.

I suspect, the first round of the event will take place at my house,
sometime during the week between x-mas and New Years.  We'll take
whatever stuff we find around the house to build obstacles for a
course, or several courses.  The goal will NOT be speed.  It will be agility.

Thoughts?

Steve