Subject:
lots of stuff...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:56:06 GMT

I have a bunch of cool stuff in the works.

First, is a still-in-progress robot, "3X".  Here's a preview picture:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/Robots/3X/pa300030.jpg

It's designed for outdoor "RoboMagellan" type events
(http://robogames.net/rules/magellan.shtml).  It's still very much in-progress, but
right now it has a few cool parts (that may sometime be available from Hi-Technic)
like a compass and high-power motor amplifiers, in addition to the ultra-sonic
sensor.  I programmed it to move around my house, giving it a few waypoints, and it
also does a pretty good job of driving through the grass.

Next, I'm working on a fast line-following robot for the Chibots event in a couple
weeks.  I think it's coming along pretty well.  Last night, it made ONE lap around
my track, before I had to go to bed.  I think it will work, and it's pretty quick.
I'm not totally sure the speed, because I'm not sure the length of the track, but it
looks good.

Finally, I had an idea for a new GBC module.  I'm thinking of something in the style
of "Wille Wonka".  It would be a module with lots of spinning things & gears &
wheels & levers & lights & wires.  Oh, with a couple polarity switches connected to
gears, the lights could flash at different rates...

Anyway, back to work...

Steve