[Fwd: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 03:13:30 GMT

FYI, this message just appeared in lugnet.storage

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NELUG's Trailer to Store and Transport our Club Brick
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:23:18 GMT
From: Chris Phillips <drvegetable@attbi.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.storage

I don't know if this has been announced here on LUGNET, but NELUG,
<http://www.nelug.org/> recently purchased a new trailer to store and transport
our LEGO collection and train tables.  Although the details of making this
happen were a bit complicated, the end result can be seen here
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=61268 on BrickShelf>.

We are still working out the best way to store everything so that it will not be
destroyed when we actually move the trailer.  I would guesstimate that a
whopping 60-80% of the club-owned brick is currently built into models.  (That
number could drop to about 20% after a single road trip!)  We're not quite at
the hitch-n-go stage yet, but we should be by the time of our next train show,
which is in about three weeks.

If you compare the picture "16packed.jpg" to "25loaded.jpg", you can see how
much better the same amount of LEGO fits into the trailer after we installed the
shelving.

\- Chris.