Subject:
October 2003 IndyLUG meeting minutes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:52:17 GMT

October 2003 IndyLUG meeting minutes
October 12
Location: Steve Miller's barn

In attendence at the business meeting:
Tom Coleman
Steve McDonough
Chayme Higgins
Steve Miller
Brian Darrow
Jeramy Spurgeon
Mark Peterson
Brian Alano
David Gregory

Persons who popped in:
Joe Green
Jason Mattheson

I think I got there about 2:30. Almost everything was packed for GATS. As soon
as packing was completed around 3:30 or 4:00, we had our business meeting. Steve
M. was indisposed, so Vice-President Jeramy opened and led the meeting until
near the end. We hung around a little after the business meeting, just talking.

We made several official decisions:
* Mark Peterson was voted Treasurer pro-tem. His term will expire at the end of
the club year. He will get any current money and accounting from Steve M.

* Brian Darrow was voted Event Coordinator for the October 2003 GATS. We intend
to have a different event coordinator for each event. Responsibilities will
include interfacing with the event representative, promotion and managing the
logistics for the event. Kudos to Eric Smith for carrying the ball up to this
point with GATS.

* We set the official club year to start on February 1st. This means current
officers' terms will expire on January 31st, nominations for candidates will
begin one month prior to the January 2004 meeting, and elections will be held at
the January 2004 meeting. We departed from the calendar year to avoid having a
major transition during the holidays and the anticipated annual January GATS.

* The proposed constitution was further ammended and the ammended version was
accepted unanimously. In brief the new ammendments were 1) the clause that
officers may not succeed themselves in the same office was changed to officers
may serve up to two consecutive terms 2) a clause was added stating that there
shall be bylaws that supplement the constitution. For example, the start date of
the club year should be written into the bylaws.

And discussed other things:
* Brian Alano expressed an interest in having a play table, but couldn't put his
time where his mouth was. No motion was made, and we decided not to have one at
this GATS. Brian A. is to look into liability issues. [Steve M. asked the GATS
folks about liability issues with this when he was at GATS. I don't know what he
found out.]

* T-shirts from the Event Kit were given to or reserved for those who would be
at GATS would didn't get a Road Show T-shirt. The remainder were distributed to
those who wanted one. There were still some left.

* THERE WILL BE NO NOVEMBER 2003 INDYLUG MEETING. We're taking a break.

Belately and respectfully,
Brian Alano, secretary.