Re: Train test car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:00:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian B. Alano wrote:
   Brian D’s new crossover tracks looked and worked great. Unfortunately, they leave precious little room for attaching a motor to the switch. I’ve now reduced size of the switch motor apparatus, but I need to verify the size of the test car. Is it still 8 studs wide and 32 studs long? If so, this device will work with one caveat: there can be no double curve toward the switch device. This is hard to explain unambiguously. Suffice it to say that I don’t think we have such a situation on our current layout. I’d like to verify this, too. Do we have a Track Designer file that shows the new crossover tracks?

how are you measuring the 32 studs from center on car rotation or total length. If the latter it is to short. You need about 40 suds lenght

mark