Subject:
Items for the October GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:53:06 GMT

Hey everyone,

I unfortunately will not actually be able to attend any more of the build
sessions prior to the October 18th GATS.  I will however, figure out a way to
drop a few things off prior to the show, perhaps on the weekend of 12th if not
sooner.  I have done some work on my train engine…gray wheel sets have been
modified and all wheel axles have been lubricated using a plastic compatible
white grease that I picked up at the train shop on E. Washington Street.  The
train seems to run better than ever now and will even go so fast as to derail
while pulling cars!  Okay, so maybe that is not a great thing but you get the
idea that it now runs faster and smoother than before and I would recommend
modifying wheel sets and greasing them to everyone after having done so myself.
Certain “fragile” parts of the train which fell apart on impact at the road show
have been glued so as they hopefully will not fall apart again.

Selena and I also have one trailer for the trailer park (Selena’s
contribution:)…standard size mounted on a small green plate (1/2?).  Along with
the road grader, compactor roller and scissor lift I dropped off last time we
were there, I may have more vehicles by the time I drop off the other items.  I
can also drop off one blue and one green rail passenger cars.

Hope all is going well with the build!

John and Selena