Subject:
firmware downloader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:27:44 GMT

Sorry, Jeramy,
I stayed up late watching the Colts and slept in this morning.

The most usable software for downloading the firmware is BricxCC:

http://hometown.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm

The basic steps for getting LACC into the RCX:
1. Turn off the RCX that is running LDCC (the one closest to the center.)
2. Turn on the other RCX--you'll need to connect a power supply to it: I
removed it yesterday and put it on the outer loop's regulator.
3. Put the USB tower in view of the RCX.
4. Start BrixCC. It will probably prompt you for a tower port and an a
programmable brick. If it doesn't, choose Tools->Find Brick (or
something similar). Choose the USB port and RCX 2.0 (or any version of
RCX). (I've never used BrixCC with a USB port, so I don't know exactly
what it will look like.)
5. Choose Tools->Download firmware (or something similar) and browse
your PC for lacc106.srec (or a similar version of LACC) and download.
6. When complete, the RCX will probably beep or something, and you might
see "LACC" scroll on its LCD display, followed by "Stdby".
7. Push the RUN button on the RCX, turn on the LDCC RCX, and you're
ready to roll. IIRC, the P1 button on the remote will control the left
point, the P2 button will control the right point, and the P3 button
will control the level crossing.

Play on,
-Brian