Re: roadshow computer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:54:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian B. Alano wrote:
   Yeah, I think so. I have a USB to serial cable. Hopefully FullThrottle will be able to use it. Or someone could bring a USB tower if they have one.

jeramy spurgeon wrote:
   brian, i just realized that my laptop does not have a serial port, just a parallel and two usb ports. can you still use it? jeramy

If you are referring to the LDCC control program Full Throttle, it can recognize a serial tower on a COM port COM1 thru COM8. I have never tested it with a USB-to-serial converter, but if the driver makes this appear as a COM port to WIN32 then Full Throttle should work with it. Please let me know either way if this works.

Full Throttle will definitely work with the USB tower.

Hope this helps.

- Chris.