Subject:
Castleland Adventure Park
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:06:19 GMT

Leah,

I've been thinking about amusement rides for castleland.

I'm working on a carousel. It's 48 x 48 studs and powered by a Microscout. I'll
probably make it 64 x 48 so I can add a queue, gate and operator.

I've got a life-size chess board (life size for minifigs, that is). All the
pieces are in medievil adornment. Will that fit in Castleland? Or maybe in a
downtown park? Its 32 x 32 for just the board. I should make it 32 x 64 and add a
timer and stands.

After the carousel, I plan a Ferris wheel. Looks like it will be about 52 studs
in diameter. (about 60 feet or 11 meters to the minifigs). Gee that sounds kinda
small. Maybe I'll make a "sky wheel", like this one:
http://members.aol.com/interama/wheel03.htm. Now the folks will soar over 150
feet! Then the ride will take up at least 1 x 3 32x32 baseplates.