Re: Clearance Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:28:06 GMT

Mark,

The Spybots are very useful as long as you treat them like
Spybots--interactive, mission-oriented robots. They are less useful for
general robotics. Quite useful for remote control vehicles, especially
if they need a dash of intelligence.

The Spybots can't be used with DCC directly as of now. Since they don't
have a sensor input connector, they can't pick up DCC signals off the
track. They should be able to be programmed to respond to Mark Riley's
emerging LDDC IR protocol (and thus simulate a decoder to some degree).
Or, to stretch a bit, it might be possible to make a DCC to VLL (Visible
Light Link) "modem" using an RCX or just convert the electric DCC signal
to light with a simple(?) circuit and have the Spybot decode it
directly. Steve H. and I were talking about using Spybots on a container
crane. I was thinking about controlling them just with the infrared
remotes. Hadn't thought about tying them into DCC.

Great question!

-Brian

m.r.peterson+AEA-juno.com wrote:

Brian

what can you do with the spybots? Are they usefull? can they be used with DCC?

mark