[Fwd: GMLTC update]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 04:37:09 GMT

Thomas (the tank engine) has a show that travels to the Midwest? Is this
something anyone is interested in?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: GMLTC update
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:01:12 GMT
From: John Kelly 3 <jkelly3@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.trains

Hello all:

[snip] [snip] [shear]

Our next show is with Thomas the Tank Engine, which limits us in terms of
being able to sell sets or even to display our Lego Blimp.  The nice folks
with Thomas were also interested in having us travel with them in the
Midwest, which we politely declined.  We did attempt to steer them onto the
other groups in the area, TCLTC, NILTC, and MLTC.

Progress is continuing on two new modules.  The next one should be completed
in time for Thomas.  We plan on setting up the weekend before the show and
complete a massive rebuild in the town section for that show during the
weekend.  As some of the pioneers of "mountain sections" (we've been doing
them since the first non-plywood layout) we have been talking about a
massive mountain section since our first display of this layout in February
2002.  I have been grudgingly talked out of having it in the center of the
layout and Steve's plans for the mountain section were adopted and laid out
last night.  Both trains will tunnel, one will have a curving bridge like in
the island layout of old, and it will have a coal train shortline that runs
below the mainline grades.

[snippity snip]