Subject:
Public information, er, perhaps a bit too public?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Jeramy Spurgeon writes:

<snip>

I think you may want to reconsider whether it's prudent to put email
addresses and phone numbers on a public list where spambots can find them.
Even if you expressly asked everyone for permission to do it, it's not
always prudent.

We in MichLUG keep this info, but we keep it in a private DB in our Yahoo
group rather than on a public forum like this one.

Just something to think about, hope that helps.