Re: Lego Order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:21:52 GMT

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Mark Peterson wrote:

Am I ordering or is someone else, I have a few things I want to get?

You are ordering, I believe.  I think Jeramy and Steve M. decided to hold
off on the next order until they see how building the remaining hill works
out.

For everyone:  Mark is placing an order with Shop at Home, and we can
piggyback stuff on his order (and collect our purchases and pay him at the
December meeting).  The advantages are a) orders over $99 have free
shipping until 11/29/02; since his order should break that limit, you can
save shipping costs on a smaller order by going through Mark and b) there
is a progressive discount for (designated) accessories, so the more
accessory packs in an order the less each pack costs.

Speaking of which, I think the older Fall 2002 catalog (my code is A2PS)
might be the best choice.  S@H has not deigned to send me the holiday
catalog yet, but from my recollections the current catalog does not have
DkGray 2x4 Bricks, Jumper Bricks, or assorted Green Bricks.  They may be
sold out, but if they are available the bulk discount would not apply if
an order for them were placed using the holiday catalog code.  Also, the
eligible pages from the Fall catalog (pp. 36--37) have late 90s road
plates, while the holiday catalog has the new road plates, which look cool
but are incompatible with old plates and would essentially require total
conversion (I think) for anyone who wanted to use them.

I did a rough calculation the other night, and got that Assorted Green
Bricks
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5215
are 65 studs/$, while 2x2 or 2x4 bulk green bricks are 57 studs/$.

I think I'll e-mail Mark separately with what I'd like. . .

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/