Subject:
Chicago LEGO stores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 00:33:53 GMT

Hi all,

God Himself must want us to spend more on LEGOS, because the following is just
too much to be a coincidence.

When I came home from the 500 Festival, there was a message on my answering
machine from my brother-in-law; he wanted me to call him back.  When I called he
said that he was going to drive up to Chicago on Thursday (last Thursday, May
19) to pick my sister up at the airport.  He had only been to O'Hare airport
once and wanted to know If I had that Thursday off and would go with him to help
navigate.

It just so happened that I DID have that Thursday off and was able to go with
him.  However, I did tack on one stipulation for going there--we had to go a
little early and stop at the LEGO store in the Woodfield Mall, which is only
about 20 minutes from O'Hare.  He said that that was no problem, so last week I
got a free trip to the Woodfield LEGO store.

I wrote down what I thought were the interesting pieces that they had in
Pick-A-Brick.  Now instead of just guessing what they have, you'll know before I
go up there again.  So here's the scoop on Pick-A-Brick.  (Oh yeah, you better
believe that pun was intentional.):

1X4X2 picket fence - black, white
1X4X2 lattice fence - red, black
2X2 corner slope - red
1X4X3 windows - red
1X2X3 shutter - green
2X4 brick - light yellow, lime green, dusty (sand) blue, dark pink, teal,
purple, verdigris, orange, true light gray, true dark gray
2X2 seat - black
Large pine tree - green
1X2 brick - lime green, trans-red, verdigris, dusty (sand) blue
1X4 (1X2+1X2) plate hinge - black
1X4 plate - dusty (sand) blue, red
1X8 brick - black
4X2 slope (45°) - red
1X2 plate with 1 hollow stud - black
4X4 plate - white
1X4X5 doors - green
2X4X3 window - red with white 4-section pane
2X2 brick - trans-blue
1 high flower petals, open stud - blue

In case you're wondering about how much you can fit into a cup, I easily fit 430
1X2 bricks into a large cup.  They were just dumped in there and not stacked at
all.  I wanted to get a bunch of those name letter packs (the ones that have a
bunch of 1X1 tiles with letters printed on them), but they were out.  Even if
they're out of them by June, the Northbrook store might have them.

I plan to go up to Chicago again on Thursday, June 2.  On the June 2 trip I'm
going to go to both the Northbrook and Woodfield LEGO stores.  If anyone would
like to come along, just let me know, and we'll plan a time to meet that
morning.  If you'd like a cup of something that I listed, then tell me what you
want and how many cups, and I'll get it for you and bring it to the next meeting
that I'm at.

David