 Organizations / United States / GMLUG / 89
Re: With all this talk of new LUGs....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gmlug
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 02:02:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gmlug, Adam Myers writes:
I'm sitting here having serious thoughts and concerns about why GMLUG is so
big geographically.  To reach what for the most part is the central-most
major city(Chicago) youre looking at a drive time of up to 7 hours if you
live in Minneapolis. It looks like AFOL's in michigan haved picked up on
this and formed michlug.  Maybe its time for a vast reorganization of GMLUG.
The fact is GMLUG is just too big.  Look at other LUGs that are finding
success right now.  They come from small geographic areas.  This allows them
to meet regularly and with a relative amount of ease.  Admittedly this is
just putting the idea out on the table right now.  We'll see where this goes.

Adam

I totally agree.  It's a little disappointing to me that most of the offers
I've had to meet up with others in GMLUG have been a little too far away for
me to currently attend.  I would love to get to a meeting of AFOLs, but
unfortunately, I can't run one at my house since we are still working hard
at fixing the place up and it looks like a mess. We are refurbishing a 100
year old home. so I guess until a group meets near me or my house is done...

but yeah, I agree that we should think about reorganizing or *something*.

cheers!
Joel Kuester