 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 612
611  |  613
Subject:
NMRA after action report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:11:50 GMT

Wow was the Lego Layout huge!
I have been wanting to do one of these big shows for years and Augie made it
possible.

Thursday we spent the day setting up.  The convention center aloud you to drive
in with your trailer to setup your tables and layout.
It was very easy to setup the tables in the correct spot since the area was all
plotted out accurately.
We connected track to PennLUG and DelvaLUG was on the other side.
We used the train to get back and forth from the hotel to the convention center
and that worked out well.  No parking fees paid the whole weekend.
The layout took along time to set up because it was our first time.

Friday was the first public day and attendance was light.  I heard a rumor that
the Lego layout was the only one running.
The news camera was there and many people came on the weekend because they saw
the news report friday night.
We bought ILTCO tshirts and bought NMRA bricks for ourselves. Which I wore on
Saturday with my BrickFest name badge.  ILTCO did a really good job of arranging
the whole thing.

Saturday was crowded and we had action at our table the whole day.  One lady
told me that my merry-go-round was going the wrong way and that only english
ones go clockwise.  She said the only english merry-go-round in America is in
NJ. Things that move get interest from the crowd.
Played dirty brickster Saturday night along with a pizza party.

Sunday was the same
all told 21000 people went through the doors.
It took about 3 hours to tear down and get on the road Sunday night.

go check out other people's pictures on brickshelf under events
I can't describe every layout and how awesome they were. it is just something
you have to see.  some of the skyscrapers were 4-5 ft tall.
It was better than anything I've seen at Brickfest 2004 2005.

Thanks Augie for all of your hardwork to make this possible!

patty