 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 565
564  |  566
Subject:
Notes Apr 30 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:13:03 GMT

New news:

1. The Morris County Robotics Competition was held this week.  The children did
very well this year.  The gained experience with programming, building and
testing their robots.  The ages were 11-13 years of age.  They really understood
the hardware and light sensor.

2.  We have had a couple of meetings.  The March meeting was a Buffyfest and
free build.  Augie was working on his newest purchase, one of the RC cars.  And
I worked on the Knight bus.

3.  The Apr meeting was another free build.  Eric completed the moonbase toll
booth. Augie worked on some technic models.  I work on the portable moonbase
modules. And the Knight bus got demolished and used for the moonbase modules.
Purple needs to go to the moon.  Eric showed us his newest robots and the
skeletal structure.  Really well made and showed really allow people to spring
board into mecha.

4. The next thing to think about will be Brickfest and of course the asteroid
contest.  What a fantastic idea.  Oh no I may have to demolish the town
mountain.  That does not bode well for the train show town.  Well, minifigs need
a change of scenery just like we do.

patty