 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 27
26  |  28
Subject:
Gardenslug Jambalaya box?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 20:21:57 GMT

Kinda quiet here. Topic: Jambalaya box!

I have yet to see one of these, maybe I can start one here!

The idea: a bag or box of parts passes around Gardenslug members and you take
out what you like and put something else in. According to the Jamabalaya
philosophy, you must increase the value of the box by what you swap. The system
works when the players are honest (and actually have good pieces they're willing
to part with.) I guess it requires some idea of how common a part really is and
who's asking around about it.

Since we are a club, it wouldn't be necessary to mail the box around. (We could
post a photo of the contents to assist "old fashioned mail jam".) Because the
box makes appearances at meetings, that adds another safety check to the system.
I'm thinking about a refereed situation where the swapper calls out what they're
doing. If someone is thinking of swapping plain slopes for all the corner slopes
in there, we can let them know it's not nice (unless they want regular red 2x2
corners and donate 2x4 slopes...)

I know Chris mentioned the idea and has already done this sort of thing, so he's
already got good karma and there was room for another volunteer.

Discussion? Interested parties start gathering up a posy bag of parts? It
couldn't hurt to be generous at the start (if it hurts don't do it!)

-Erik