 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
innaugural DixieLUG meeting ~ jan 22 MM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:56:15 GMT

hi y'all ~

  thank you, todd, for setting up this newsgroup for us!
  our first meeting is this weekend, with eight people scheduled to attend.
it wil be at my home, in macon, georgia. we're planning on formative
discussions regarding the organization and website, as well as lots of
building and model gawking. the event will be visually recorded for
prosperity. (and blackmail<g>)

   if i haven't heard from you yet, and you'd like to attend, please e-mail
me for directions.  even if you can't attend this meeting, but are
interested in being involved in future DixieLUG schemes, let's hear from you!

   DixieLUG is casting a wide net over the southeastern US, as a general
interest AFOL group.

  thus far, we have the worlds of lego sculpture, train, castle, space,(&
other mini-fig themes) well represented. why don't at least a couple more of
you robotics fans from atlanta come down? (yes, i know you're up there, i
read lugnet, y'know..)

  i'm looking forward to having a great time!  when i first posted to see if
there was any interest in a 'LUG for the southeastern states, i never
dreamed there would be such a great response!  thank you to everyone who
posted!! thanks go to eric kingsley, for the advice and encouragement he
gave me early on.  it's harder to find words magnificent enough to thank
todd, witout whom, NONE of this would've been possible.

later ~ craig~