 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 323
322  |  324
Subject:
FIRST Lego League in Atlanta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:13:04 GMT

FIRST Lego League's Georgia competition is to be held November 22nd in Atlanta
on Georgia Tech's campus.  This also happens to be the next meeting for
DixieLUG.

I suggest volunteering for this event, and having the meeting afterwards (making
for a very long day of Lego oriented activity).  Otherwise, we can go ahead and
have the meeting as originally attended.  I'll probably watch the morning
competition before going to the meeting if we decide not to help out.

For those of you not interested in attending the meeting, FLL competition should
still be a worthwhile time.  The mission this year revolves around the Mars
rover missions.

Also, for future reference, the national tournament in April is to be held at
SciTrek in Atlanta.

For more information on FLL, visit
http://www.firstlegoleague.org
Because the website is not easy to navigate, here's the Georgia tournament info
(sorry if the link splits):
http://www.firstlegoleague.org/calendar.aspx?pid=210&action=showevent&eventid=324

DixieLUG discussion is at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dixielug/