 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 282
Re: Who's going to Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 04:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.dixielug, James Trobaugh writes:

Just wanted to bring this back up and see who else from Georgia is going to
Brickfest? If so what time frame are you planning attending. It would be
nice to get a group to travel up together, last years convoy made the trip
go by a lot faster. It had more of a "road trip" feel to it.

jt

In lugnet.org.us.dixielug, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.org.us.dixielug, Scott Lyttle writes:
Anybody going to Brickfest?

I'm thinking that doing a convoy from the south on up to Brickfest might be
a little fun, and of course, sharing rooms will be most beneficial to our
finances (so we can get more lego!).

I've even tinkered with the idea of renting a van, and building some
temporary storage type-racking to hold everybody's MOCs.

Just a thought....

I know that James Trobaugh is going (and probably bringing that huge Dodge
truck (tank?)

Anybody else interested in doing a convoy or sharing hotel space?

-Scott Lyttle

The convoy idea worked well last year, it seem to make the trip a bit
easier. Currently I'm planning taking the truck, so I'm open to doing the
convoy idea again. And yes I would be willing to haul some other peoples
MOCs. I do have plans to stay with a friend in Arlington so I'm out of the
hotel sharing.

jt

Hey,

My wife and I are going. Hopefully we are going to leave out on Wednesday
night (if I can get Thursday off) and start the trip up.  We're on a
vacation week and weekend so we get a little extra time. If we don't get
Thursday off then we'll leave Thursday afternoon and travel through the
night (UGH!).  I'll know next week for sure.  I do need some help with MOC
transport.  Glad to hear that you're fo sure going.  (I'll be talkin' to ya
via e-mail about it).

Oh and since this is going to the DixieLug group, umm... who is the current
director/sponsor/head of the club?  I'd really like to see us get somethin'
going along side NGLTC (who are doin' SUPER stuff).  I'm in Rome so I'm
sorta equal distance from Atlanta, Chatanooga and AFOL's I know in Alabama.
So we can use my place for meetings sometimes.  Just a thought.

Chris <><