 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 154
Re: DixieLUG site content (Re: list of members?...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:58:41 GMT

I, personally, am not keen on 'membership' but certainly wouldn't mind
seeing a list of people who have attended DixieLUG meetings (there's a
fine line of distinction, there, I know, but an important one to me).

eric

Greg Crisp wrote:

Franklin,

What an excellent idea.  In fact, that was my original plan.  I just
haven't gotten a big enough 'round tuit yet.  However, I've been stewing
over some ideas the last couple of weeks, so I'm planning a little
midnight activity this weekend to play with the site.  So, let me throw
this one out to everyone.  What do you guys want to do with the site?
So far, these are the things I have planned at a high level:

- Club news
- Member list/member pages
- dixielug.org email addresses for members
- meeting pages (with pics, or at least links to the pics on Brickshelf)

- Bubba gallery

Other things I've been thinking about:

- Member locator (i.e. what cities do the various members live in) (?)
- Private Discussion group(?) ('official business' for DixieLug members
only, as if we had any ;-)

So, given that, is there anything folks would like to add to the list?
Take away from it?  Am I the only one who cares?

Let me know if you a) care, b) want to be included/have your own
page/email, c) want to add your own thoughts or comments.

I would like to have it all done before the meeting on the 26th.

Later!

- Greg

"Franklin W. Cain" wrote:

Howdy, y'all,

I was just thinking that it might be a good idea
to have a list of all our members and their personal Lego pages
on the DixieLUG site ("http://www.dixielug.org/").

That being said, here's the URL for my Lego page:
"http://fcain.tripod.com/lego/".

Thanks,
Franklin

=====
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
USE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED... MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK!

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)