 Organizations / United States / DixieLUG / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
The webpage has finally been updated....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:25:34 GMT

Hello all,

I have finally updated the DixieLUG webpage.

http://members.xoom.com/Panama_Lego/DixieLUG (case senstive, for some reason)

It has been moved to a xoom.com account, as per suggestion of Pawel. It has
unlimited space which should help with the pictures that will be made at the
meetings. Also, the page has been made more resolution friendly. I have tested
the webpage down to 640x480 and it looks fine, albeit a little on the large
size....which couldn't be helped. I tried smaller graphics and fonts, but they
looked so small to me (1280x1024) that I couldn't see some of them correctly.
Anyway, I think it looks good at anywhere above 640x480. Let me know if your
browser or resolution causes any trouble and I will try to address them.
Lastly, the page has been simplified, which helps for updates and for the
resolution problem. This means more frequent updates, assuming there is
content to update....Yeah :)

I am currently working on the members section. Everyone please email me your
Homepage addresses and email addresses so that I might finish the members page
sometime this weekend (Notice the change in email to DixieLUG@aol.com). Also,
I am going to have the first meetings event album upto tonight or
tomorrow...so keep your eyes peeled.

Feel free to offer criticisms, compliments, or suggestions about the webpage
when you email me your information. Also, let me know if you have a problem
putting either your name, email or homepage on the DixieLUG page. I know some
people are iffy on doing such things...But then again you have to for
Lugnet.com anyway.

One last thing. I looked into securing the domain name, DixieLUG.org. It is
available but the cheapest I could find for web hosting, url forwarding, and
domain registration...all necessary to use the domain name...is $145 for two
years. Not bad since there is a one time fee of $70 to register the name in
the first place. However, I am under financial constraint at the current
moment and am unable to do this. So, for now, this will have to wait.

Craig L.

  Craig Livingston
  Member of DixieLUG
  DixieLUG@aol.com

PS - I am now have a person homepage created for my MOCs. I dont have much now
as the webpage has just started. The webpage description is up, but not all
the graphics and no real substance yet. But feel free to visit at:

http://members.xoom.com/Panama_Lego/