 Organizations / United States / CedarLUG / * (-5)
Subject:
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!! (My Last WIP)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:50:41 GMT

I didn’t take Ralphie Parker’s advise and have almost shot my eye out about 5 times working on the missile launcher. I would place the missile into the launcher to make sure it fit, etc. Only to forgot about it and then trigger the mechanism!!! Those springs shot far and hard (when your head is right there!)

The trigger is the “latte dispenser”!

I am now working in my real color scheme: white and grey (not white and dark red ... which I do like too).

I was able to use Christopher Smead’s new turntable worm gear idea. I didn’t have any space under the turntable for the gears so I had to invert the mechanism and place the gears on the top. It turned out nice.
Thanks Chris.

To center the gear in the rear of the Mecha I used two 8z gears.

-Brian

Subject:
More WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:00:58 GMT

More WIP from Me. I am on the final stretch of building. In true “Iron Chef” fashion I have now decided that I am not going to make a Bricklink order to finish my Mecha but I am going to use only pieces that I have. So at the end I realize that I don’t have enough of certain red pieces to finish the build so I am going to switch from Red/Dark Grey to white/Light Grey. We will have to see how it turns out.

Previews of the Left Shoulder and gun.

Preview of the Right Shoulder. At the latest moment I thought I would throw in a fun twist and add a “cannon”. I have never used one of those in a set and I am excited to see how it works. It will add a slight “System” feel to the Mecha.

-Brian

Subject:
More WIP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 23:55:16 GMT

Here are some more WIP photos. I seem to be posting the most (I thought that was the idea), anyway I hope no one minds.

Again, My Mecha is going to be complete symmetric. I always think multi-legged Mecha should be symmetrical that way they can move in any direction.

Partially finished Cockpit and shoulder joint -- Angled View

Partially finished Cockpit and shoulder joint -- Front View

Partially finished Cockpit and shoulder joint -- Aerial View

I do wish I had a few more dark grey pieces in the wedges. I would like the red to be more of an accent instead of a major part. I want to try and build this project without a brickshelf or limited brickshelf purchase.

Any suggestions?

-Brian

Subject:
Santa's New Ride
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 22:34:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I took some flack last year over my Family Christmas Train being too plain, so this year I decided to, yes, actually create a Christmas Train.

May I present ... “Santa’s New Ride” ...

Full details can be found here at http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/12296

Brickshelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=157171

One enhancement to the layout was about 20 more feet of track and a LEGO bridge that spanned between two plant/pot shelves

I have uploaded some video, thanks to Count Blockula that can be found here http://67.135.177.125/legovideos/index.html

Comments appreciated.

Thanks Brian

Subject:
Joe Vig Contest Entry - Window Shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.org.us.cedarlug
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:59:14 GMT

Can’t pass up a “Joe Vig” Contest.

Anyway, my I present ... The Dangers of Window Shopping

“Oooh, I love walking down 5th Avenue ...”

“These Manaquins are sooo hot!”

“Wow, looook at that bikini!”

“Ah, no .... LOOK OUT, JOE ... there’s a man hole!”

Enjoy.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact