 Organizations / United States / BLOC / 85
84  |  86
Subject:
BrikWars in April
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:22:45 GMT

  I'm going to host some BW on Saturday, April 6th.  Come one, come all.  I'd
like to have a largish game.  So whoever is interested is welcome.

  I'm thinking cross-TL.  Adrian and I have been thinking about scenarios and
scenery.  I think this should be fun.

  So, for some basics.  Armies from any TL from 0-6 are welcome.  Although, I
reserve the right to throw out extreme rules (heroes, jedi, ninjas,...).  I
haven't decided yet.  It will probably depend on the number of participants.
Those rules add a lot of time to play.

  I will have at least a couple TL2 armies available and will try to have a
couple TL4-6 armies available.  I believe Adrian may also field some spares.
That's up to him.  Feel free to bring your own.  But, if you can't or won't
build your own, we'll have spares.

  The scenarios that we've been hashing out will prevent major vehicle
presence.  This is intentional.  In the past the two things that made higher
TLs dominate have been speed and range.  We're working on a scenario where
these wouldn't be very useful.  Bowmen just can't do much against MK IV lasers
on flying ships moving 20+"/turn.

  The scenario will probably take place inside some sort of building.  Where
distances will be limited.  this should allow us to concentrate on tactics and
use of forces more.  I'm hoping for a battle where any TL force has a fair
chance.

  In the end, the scenario will probably be a capture the flag/weapon/artifact
format.  If anyone has suggestions, they are always welcome.

  I'm figuring to start congregating in the morning.  Say 10-10:30.  With plans
to actually start battling after lunch.  Say 1:00.  The interim is for the
logistics.  Agreeing on any rules changes and such.  And making sure that the
armies are costed and everyone has sheets/dice/rulers/...

  I can provide that sort of thing for anyone who doesn't have it.  I'll have a
pile of dice, at least two rulers and a laser pointer on hand.  I'll also make
sure I have at least a couple of copies of rules handy.

  Speaking of rules.  I just noticed that BW 2001 is available.  I'll be
reviewing this version and making a decision on whether to embrace them in the
next few days.  I expect we will be using the new rules unless something
drastically different is in there.

  Since this format involves at least two meals, I don't think pizza is a
complete solution.  I was thinking to have lunch meat and such available for
lunch.  Then order pizza for dinner.  Thoughts?

  Let me know who can make it.  Rides can be arranged as needed.
Unfortunately, I am not anywhere near RTA's routes.  I am very near an LCT
route.  Email for details.

  I'll provide address/phone/directions via email to anyone who needs them.

      Later,
       Gino A...