 Organizations / United States / BLOC / 53
Re: Cleveland BLOC gathering - New MOCs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.bloc
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:22:54 GMT

We don't think small, do we?  When confronted with the relative inexperience
in building train cars, what do Bram and I do?  Build ridiculously huge 8
wide monstrosities!  What fun.  I'm surprisingly happy with the way the
creator ship came about, considering Troy had already taken all the good
parts out of the set to sell on his brickbay shop.

We'll be meeting again on Thursday, if that is available to all, but this
time at my house.  I should be home by 5, so we can start gathering then.

Adrian

In lugnet.org.us.bloc, Bram Lambrecht writes:
This evening, some of the Cleveland area BLOC members met at Troy's house with
"special" guest Larry P.  In attendance were Adrian Drake, Troy and Ken
Cefaratti, Gino Melone (for a little while), and myself.
   Inspired by the Harry Potter train and fueled by pizza, we set out to add
more cars to the train.  Someone suggested I build a car to carry Fluffy, the
three-headed dog.  I had to build it 8 wide to accomodate the large heads (not
that I would have built it at anything less if I was only carrying horses :)
   Adrian had a hard time figuring out what to build until he started rooting
through the Creator set lying on the table.  A flower-power spacecraft came
into being soon after.  Then of course, it needed a launching car...which
started as a simple 6 wide, standard train baseplate car and evolved into a
4-bogie 8 wide monstrosity.
   Larry built and rebuilt a crane car...which, since it was two cars long
almost came close to the monstrous cars Adrian and I built.  The locomotive
struggled quite a bit to stay on the track as Adrian's car leaned through the
turns.  Meanwhile, Troy built a stealth car with an amazing cloaking system
through shear will power.

Oh, right, the pictures... Here are Troy's, including short movies of Adrian's
Viking longship and the train struggling around the small oval of track:
Here are my slightly longer exposure pics which may show the detail on the
black models a bit better:
Please let us know what you think!
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht