 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 38
37  |  39
Subject:
Calling All San Jose-Bay Area Mindstorm Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:45:58 GMT

I am planning an event in San Jose for 200 programmers and software developers
that will involve Lego Mindstorms. It will take place on March 22nd from 7:00PM
- 11 PM at The Wine Galleria, 377 South First Street (between San Carlos and
San Salvador) in

The event will involve a 45-minute panel discussion on a variety of topics of
interest to software developers, appetizers and drinks, and DJ music. The
entertainment for this event will center on the Lego Mindstorms "play" stations
and will run from 9PM - 10:30PM. Each station will have a theme, i.e.
programming, creating art, building, exploring, battling, etc. Ideally, we'd
like as many attendees as possible to have an opportunity to play, program, and
watch the Lego Mindstorms.

Consequently, I am looking for five (5) people who would be interested in
participating in the event as "tech support". Tech support would aid in the
assembly of Mindstorms for the station prior to the event, setting up the
stations on March 21st, and monitoring the stations on March 22, from 2:00PM -
10:30PM. In addition, the tech support team must be qualified to answer
questions regarding basic and advanced programming of the Mindstorms. I am very
open to ideas on station themes and operation, as well as displaying personal
creations/robots, as long as they are available for programming.  Please note
that there will be around 15 Mindstorm kits available for the "play" stations.

Payment for working the event is $200, plus $50 for transportation and food
expenses.

In addition, please keep in mind that there will be alcoholic beverages served
at this launch event, so participants MUST be over 21

If you are interested, please email me at rfields@renegademarketing.com

Thanks,
Rob Fields