 Organizations / United States / BayLUG / 115
Re: Travel to Bay Area - confirmed 12/4 to 12/15
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 00:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Frank Filz writes:
Frank Filz wrote:

Frank Filz wrote:

There's a (strong) possibility I'll be travelling to San Jose for work,
either the last week in November and/or the first two weeks or so of
December. I'd love to try and hook up with folks if that happens (I see
it looks like there's a Baylug meeting 12/9? That sounds like a possible
happening). I'd be visiting the IBM Almaden Research Center so any
IBMers out there might be able to try and arrange a lunch meeting or so.

Ok, my trip is pretty well confirmed now that I will be flying out
Monday 12/4 (arriving in the evening) and returning Friday 12/15. I'd
love to meet up with folks, and if the Baylug meeting will indeed be
12/9, I'd love to drop in. I'd also appreciate pointers on LEGO
shopping, especially pointers to Shell stations which have the promo
sets. I plan on packing some LEGO bits to play with, and may bring along
a creation or two. If I can manage to get some of the 2001 sets, I may
just dump all the parts into a box for play material.

Well, in a few hours I'll be hopping on the plane. I see the Baylug
meeting is in Fremont, and I do see some directions, but directions as
to best way to get to Fremont from San Jose would be appreciated (I'm
staying at the Residence Inn just off Bernal Rd.). I also wanted to
check if it was ok for me to come at 10, or should I wait until 1:00?

Hi Frank.

I'm not sure how to get from there to the 880 freeway northbound, so you
might ask someone there at the Inn. Once you're northbound on the freeway,
you'll travel for about 15 minutes or so, past Milpitas and into Fremont.
Take the Stevenson Blvd exit east (toward the hills). You'll drive for a few
minutes in town, and the library is on Stevenson on the right hand side in
some city buildings. IIRC, it cohabits with the Police Station. If you reach
the hills (Mission Blvd), you've gone too far. Unless I'm mistaken, we're
meeting in the Fukaya Room, which is just right of the main front door. I
don't have the street address handy, but I believe Paseo Padre is the
cross-street. (I'm vague on this cuz I don't pay attention to the streets
anymore having done it so many times.)

I hope this helps. Show up at 10 if you want to. Consider yourself invited
by me. :)

-Tom McD.