 Organizations / United States / 731
730  |  732
Subject:
Thanks MichLUG!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:17:21 GMT

A sincere thanks to all MichLUG members that were at the Gats, Novi, MI,
25-26 jan. I had a blast. I am very thankful for the invitation and the
chance to display my church/rock.

These guys really rock. They set-up as a group, and work as a great team to
put on this big show. I learned alot about designing and building too.

some of the links have been posted before, but here's a summary anyway

Pictures:

By Peter:

By David

By Scott:

video footage from a non-member (who dedicate alot of time in editing and
setting up a site, just for the Lego show video's!!)::

http://www.sandvstudios.com/misc/lego/legovids.html

Non-image highlights:

A mom stating she would have paid the full entrance fee ($7), just to have
seen my church.

100's of kids jumping up and down by the sight of passing trains

Teenager sticks head into monorail tunnel in expectation of the monorail
coming out, then it hit her in the head from behing (no injury, just a
derailment..) (the monorail "looped" (apperently unexpectedly) underneath
the church (see photo's).

Kid looking at chuch, "wow, that must be 200 bricks"

Non-image lows:

1 hour before the show opened, my monorial crashed inside the rock, I had to
take the church of to repair (but finished in time for show).

Parent to Kids: Look kids, Megablocks!! (since we were stuck in the middle
of the layout he survided this verbal assault on our work).

All train/monorail chrashes (not that many, but frightening anyway)

1 minifig got stolen from my monorail platform :<)

Most FAQ about the church

How many bricks is that church (A: 45.000+)
How long did it take to build (A: 150-200 hours)
How heavy is it (A: about 100 lbs)
Does Lego sell this model (A: not yet ;>)
What glue do you use (A: AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH)
Do you sell it (A: for the right price.....)

Other facts of the Church:

white arches: 300+ (100+ 1x3's, so that;s where they are...).
tiles: 2300+
black roof bricks: 1400+
transparent pieces: 1300
seating capacity: 230 figs

The rock is similar in size/weight/brickcount.

Again, thanks again for welcoming a Buckeye to Michican, wht don't I build
the Horseshoe for the next show.....?

Paul