 Organizations / United States / 567
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 18:48:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Eric Joslin writes:

I have to say that this conversation has done nothing but hurt Shiri's
position
in my eyes.

Well, that's too bad. I only posted about 5 posts in this thread of 150(right
now), but if that's all that is required for you to form an opinion on
someone, I guess that's up to you.

It is far from the only way I am forming an opinion on you.  I might not
participate in Castle World, but that doesn't mean I don't read the posts.  I
do remember very well having Ice Cream with you at Lizzy's.  I have an opinion
formed of you based on all of that.  It's a rather good opinion, really.

My opinion of you has nothing to do with my opinion on the age limits set for
NELUG, though.  They are two totally seperate issues.

And, you'll note, I didn't say that the way you chose to bring it up
invalidated your position.  Just that it hurt it.

If she's not mature
enough to realise that before clicking the "send" button, then perhaps the
age
limit isn't too far off as it stands.

If I could tell you how many times in the past 20 hours I composed an angry
message only to thrash it seconds before posting, I would. But I lost count
long ago.

I do that as well, it's a good way of blowing off steam.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for knowing when to do it.

eric