 Organizations / United States / 256
Re: GMLTC at GATS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:57:42 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

In lugnet.org.us, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Tim Courtney writes:
Is GMLTC going to be at a GATS event in the near future?  I looked and
could not find info on it at Lugnet, only on the Florida GATS.  If
someone could reply (or email me, preferrably) with info on a possible
event, I'd appreciate it.  I'd like to make a trip to a GATS if GMLUG
is there - I'm DYING to meet you guys and see the layout.  Thanks!

-Tim

The next show we're scheduled to do is in La Crosse, Wisconsin, the weekend of
March 18th & 19th (I think - it might be the 11th & 12th).  That's the only
confirmed show we have for 2000 so far...

We've been talking about scrapping large portions of the layout and rebuilding
them with new ideas and improvements - but so far it's been just *talk*.
-grin-

And where is the layout located at?  I'd love to come and help build or
something at a meeting sometime...

Ah, well, the layout is in a trailer (stored).  We don't get it out except for
shows.  Occasionally we bring out a module to modify or improve it, but basically
it remains in storage.  There has been talk of getting a space where we could
permanently leave it assembled, but that remains wishful thinking.

We do, of course, build more modules to add to the layout, although currently we
have none started.  We meet in NE Mpls on a weekly basis, and you are welcome any
time you are in town to drop in and hang:-)

-John (aka J-2, Mr 8Wide;-)

-Tim