 Organizations / SciBrick / 136
Re: SciBrick Member Display - Paramus Park Mall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 05:29:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.scibrick, Soren Roberts wrote:
Cool. I like the bricks at the bottom of the display case, gives it a sort of
"rising from the primordial ooze" effect.

Soren

Why thank you Soren, it was hard to set up. I had to fix it again today. It was
hard. Ocassionally, at lunch time I'll sit a distance away and watch the people
who walk up to the case to see my work.

I wonder what they think. I wonder if it inspires them. I wonder if it made them
think or realize something. I wonder what they see in it.

Then I think about the layers of plates, bricks, beams, gears and elements.
All that goes into the creation and I wonder if they see it. I wonder if one day
they just might try it. Try to wonder. Wonder how. Wonder why.

One person stopped in his tracks and took out his wallet to find something to
jot down the SciBrick website on. I wonder if he will find all of you as I did.
I wonder if I make a difference. Wondering how it impacts people.

See, I'm after that moment. The moment where your just about to let go, and just
before you reel yourself back in. When you start to wonder and then realize its
silly and you have more important things to do.

Its that split second that where time stands still, that moment where we are the
masters of reality. Size and demensions are ours to play with.
Keepers of the fray as long as we decide, and why not? Its our brain to think
with. I say use it.

Part of the beauty I seek, has to do with giving that moment to others.
Or reminding people. We see it everywhere. We see it in the foresight that
shaped our world. When people let other people dream so it can benifet us all.
Yet diversity makes for a dense soup. We have so many ideas and so much
potential. Our own humanity is what impedes us, yet it saves and protects us
too.

You also see it denied due to responsibility and circumstance. Its neccesary to
survive. Can't just go around dreaming all day. Although a few do by choice and
profession.

Still, remembering that moment again, that's where its at for me.

I'm not sure what this all means, it has only slight relational context with
regard to the fun and pride we feel in creating.

Thank you Soren.