 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 867
866  |  868
Subject:
Trains 2000 Feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:20:43 GMT

Hi guys,

I hope Santa treated you all well.  I got a few smallish sets, but
also took some time to finally build my UCS X-Wing (over 6 hours!).
Wow!  What an awesome model.  Can't recommend it highly enough.

Anyway, a week or so before Christmas, I emailed some scanned photos
(Alex receiving the award, and the gang standing behind the layout
with the award) and a note to John Green, one of head honchos in the
local train scene.  I've included his response below.  (Ignore the
technical stuff, we'll work that out between us).  Looks like we have
the makings of a few more members, perhaps?  We must gently coax them
out of the closet, methinks.

I'm looking forwards to seeing our name(s) in lights!  I have
everyone's full name except David's.  I'll give him a call, unless
anyone can tell me.

Hoping that you're all enjoying the holidays.  Have a great New Year!

Robin

(John Green's email)

Robin,
Thanks very much for the photos, and your kind words in you note which
I have forwarded to the Trains Organizing committee with this note.

As luck would have it, we will be featuring the reports and photos
from the TRAINS 2000 show in the next issue of the Bulletin Board (I
guess I had get typing, Russ (Bulletin Board Editor) - don't panic yet
! the deadline is not until Jan 15).

I am sure a couple of issues can be directed your way, Is it possible
to get a list of your members as they appear  in the photo of your
group with your layout with Alex holding the plaque?

As to the larger photo files, Please hold that thought, both the BB
editor and I have cable access to the Net, so the larger format may be
more useful, as I suspect we may do some cropping and lightening.

Your group shot came out OK on my new inkjet printer, but for
publishing, We may have  to lighten it up. Thank goodness for the
folks at Adobe and their photoshop software.  I have already taken the
liberty of forwarding the TIF files to Russ.

Planning is already starting for TRAINS 2001, and we will certainly
keep you informed as to status and progress.  By teh way, is the any
cure for sore brusied feet caused by walking on lego bits buried in
teh carpen in my sons bedrooms!  They may be in their mide-late teens
but ours is also a LEGO household.!

Wishing you all Good Seasons Greetings, may be some of the new lego
2000 TECH boxes under the tree for you.

John Green