 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 655
Re: Shipping to Canada (was Re: Lego Studio Steven Spielberg Moviemaker set Review)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:08:34 GMT

James Brown wrote:

<trimmed reviews & vision command, added loc.ca>

In lugnet.reviews, Dean Husby writes:
Bradley Dale wrote:

In lugnet.reviews, Chris Gray writes:
"Bradley Dale" <dinosauria_ca@yahoo.ca> writes:

I did the math before, and $5 S@H is about $16 of actual Canadian money. • Would
that still be a good buy?

Huh? US $5.00 / 0.65 => about Cdn $7.70 . Add GST => 8.24 . Where does
the rest come from?

Two places--

Shipping- $4.50 US

Taxes are added before conversion rate.  And Ontario taxes are bad enough as
they are- with S@H, it's about 21 cents per dollar.

Shipping is $6.xx for shipping. Don't forget to add an extra $2 for duty or
whatever it was...
That's $9 bucks CDN for shipping. I figure that when S@H moved to the US our
prices for S@H stuff jumped about 26%.

I used to order MANY things from S@H, now I consolidate my purchases though
friends and whatnot. I'm hoping S@H's trucks to Canada won't be full and they
will waste money and smarten up and not charge us Canadians though the nose...

I placed an order for several grey brick packs(1) shortly after S@H Canada
closed down.  I did the math when my order got there, and the difference in
cost, compared to what it would have been before S@H moved was literally
pennies.

When I ordered (Before the shipping charges) just after s@h went South the cost
difference was about $14. s@h credited me the difference but I don't think I could
get that now.

With the added shipping now (~$9 CDN) it's not worth it for small orders. I used to
play ~70CDN a month. Not anymore. Now it's a large order or piggy backing on
friends orders. (They piggy back on me)

I've got another order coming in the next couple days.  I'll do the math
again, and see how it works out.

Great.

Dean
--