 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 582
Re: Info from Train SHow organisers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:38:18 GMT

Just had a call from the guy who's in charge of venue space at the train
show. He's having trouble juggling space and asked if we could do our
8'x8' layout instead of teh 16'x6': I said no, not at this point. That's
OK, however during the conversation I found out that they have us as a
sort of "finger" sticking out from a block of other exhibits with
viewing on one short and 2 long sides. I said "eeek!" (or something like
that) so now he is trying to fit us in with viewing on one long and 2
short sides, as we have designed the layout to be.

I think we should be as prepared as possible for a big surprise when
we arrive.  At the very least, we should have table skirting around
the entire table layout, not just the "front".  We should also build
with the possibility of 360 degree viewing.  Bryan, your mountain for
example.  I don't know what kind of magic you can pull off here, but
if you can possibly build it two sided, or in such a way that it can
be adjusted to have the monorail go on the "outside" (southeast) of
it, I don't know.  Just a thought for all builders to keep in mind.

Also from the standpoint of security, we'll need to be very careful
and vigilant about our personal effects and our lego.  There should
lots of us there to watch, play, chat, and have fun!!

Robin