 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 484
Re: Train Show Project Timeline - update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 00:24:54 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Oct 17-20: Online discussion of track layout etc: get answers to
questions from Dick Sutcliffe.

We've pretty much sorted out the layout, but I never heard back from
Dick. I'll try him again.

Oct 21-22: In-person meeting re track layout on Sat or Sun - finalise
layout

Done, and we're working onwards from it.

Oct 23 onwards: Dean work on electronics and controls

Dean, what's your list of electronic doohickeys and status of each?
Don't go crazy <g>.

Train Crossing is kicking serious brick... Though I don't know the exact
placing for the two tracks so I'll have to wing it... Also, I'm not sure if I
have the needed 1by8 gray caps to bridge the gap between tracks. Kevin?

The power supply (re, battery pack) was picked up today and is working fine.
This is for powering the two flashing lights on top of the fuel towers. (I
still need two more blue tubs to make the other tank.
I've added the ladders to the tanks. Looks good. Now comes the logos
plates... Kevin, do you have an octan tanker or two?

We could use a gas station...

Other then that I don't have any definite electronic projects.

Oct 23-28: Decide on structures and rolling stock and who will build
them. List all other required objects/tasks and who will do them

Time to make a task list... separate message

Wed Nov 8: Table skirts, signs, display panels, handouts all acquired

Fri Nov 10:
Collect rental tables if necessary • NOT REQUIRED
Dry run of tables and track, evening VLC mtg @ Dean and Alex's. Load
tables etc into Kev's van and ?? other vehicles.
Kevin and Robin's minivans.

Sat Nov 11: Setup at hall (I would like to start at 1pm so I can go to
the Remembrance Day parade here as I usually do - Liz's band is always
in it. Howvever this is not essential.) Hall closes 4:30pm

Sun Nov 12: Hall opens for setup 7am, show opens ?? (Dean, you have the
forms, does it say on there?) closes at ??

Did you ever take a look at the forms Dean? What time does the show open
on SUn, and when close?

Ok, here it is... Sorry for the delay. I couldn't find the sheets...

Saterday:
7:00 am Rec Center Opens to arrange hall.
8:00 am Registration desk opens at SW door. Start setup of displays.
9:30am 1st Clinics  (Whatever the hell that is...)

Sunday:
7:30 am Rec Center opens
9:00 am Public Show opens
9:30 am Videos start (???)
4:00 pm Public show closes and we clean up.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html