 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1299
1298  |  1300
Subject:
Vancouver Sun Mention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:47:31 GMT

It appears that the Vancouver Lego Club was mentioned in today's Vancouver
Sun (in the pull out section Queue). Read and weep and/or laugh:

"Lego-mania hits. Vancouver: Get crazy on lego at Richmond Inn Sundayy (yes,
two "y's" in Sunday) and view an 18' by 13' Harry Potter Hogwart's Express
train made from lego.

Vancouver Lego Club Display View an 18 by 13 foot Harry Potter Hogwart's
Express train, drive in movie theatre and downtown core, with animated
gondola, skytrain and trolley, all made from Lego. Richmond Inn, 7551
Westminster Hwy, Aug 5, 12-4 pm, $3, XXX-XXXX (my business telephone
number)"

Also included in this blurb is a photo of Harry Potter and the Hogwart's
Express.

While I don't think anyone will be disappointed, the braniac who wrote this
should have:

1. re read the press release for accuracy

2. not published my business telephone number (it was on the press release
BELOW the "###" symbol, which indicates an end to printable copy from a
press release)

3. contacted us perhaps just in case the thought that an 18 foot by 13 foot
was a little ridiculous sounding (sure, it's possible... but...)

4. learned how to spell

The phone's going to be fun over the next couple days. Heh heh.

Xandria

--

Xandria's Lego Realm:
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/xandria/a_lego/