 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1296
Re: Courier article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Xandria Husby writes:
Here's the link:
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/courier.gif

Very nicely written, I'd say. Good photo too. Was moved to typing when I saw
the unfortunate hyphenation of 'figurine'. In the mid 80s I used to
contribute to the UK's then-biggest 'military modelling' magazine. I think
the typesetters and proof readers actively tried to use that same
hypenation. You *never* saw 'figur-ine'! My favourite was along the lines of
"...notice the exquisitely painted figurine rolling in the gutter" in an
article on some Hogarthian diorama...

What's wrong with 'metre' by the way? Do you want feet/yards or 'meter'?

Mark