 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1267
1266  |  1268
Subject:
Kevin's models for the show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 04:47:39 GMT

Hi all - nearly ready to head out tomorrow morning (we put off leaving for a
day because everything was so frantic).

Everything was looking great on Saturday - good luck for next weekend and
hope everything goes swimmingly. I wanna see lots of pictures! (Before next
summer <g,d&r>)

This is just notes on the buildings I left with you guys, how they fit
together and any quirks.

In general, any minifigs *inside* a building are mine and shouldn't be
moved. Feel free to add minifigs and any other details outside the
buildings, on roofs, in parking lots, alleys, fire escapes, sidewalks etc.
It would be nice to have a dumpster diver or two in the back alley! The
minifigs on the market (snack bar chef, 4 vendors, busker, 3 customers) are
mine too.

City block: the transport boxes are marked with NW, NE, SW and SW.
NW is the 32x32 section with a cafe and machinery supplier. The part goes
behind this block.
NE is the modern checkerboard building, grey and red arched building and tan
"lions" building.
SE is the small grey and green building, tall red/white, and tan corner
building with tower.
SW is the bank and convenience store, with the parking lot behind. If you
have any trouble with baseplates not sitting close enough together, check
this section first, the 16x48 grey baseplates it's on are offcuts from
Schoolhouse baseplates and they may not be exactly the right width.

Factory: to take the roof off just lift by the clerestory. When putting the
roof back, the end with the window goes at the front, and sometimes you need
to ease the side wall of the building outwards for the roof to drop in.
People and details outside in the yard are needed, and maybe a truck being
unloaded.

Schoolhouse: the front and back upper walls pop out if you remove the
L-shaped plates at the corners, so it might be nice to display it like that
so people can see inside. The transport box has custom-cut inner sections to
hold the building safely in one corner.

VH - nothing special except that the transport box has custom-cut inner
sections to hold the building safely in one corner.

Market - I rearranged the stalls to fit around the tracks on Sat, it would
be great if someone added curved fencing along the 9v track next to it once
the layout is set up.

Curved fencing: parts for this are in a bag in the accessories box. Each
post is a 1x1 brick, 1x1 plate with clip horizontal, 1x1 brick, 1x1 plate
with clip horizontal: then clip the flex tube in once you've positioned the
posts in suitable places.

Vehicles: all those except the ones fixed down in the parking lot have
drivers.

Rolling stock: passenger ones have minifigs inside.

I think that's all. Have fun!
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/