 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9691
Re: Frankenstein-like walking monster on LEGO.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:07:32 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Guerquin wrote:
Hi everybody,

A few months ago, members of rtlToronto, including myself, were approached by
LEGO Direct to come up with a “scary monster” for Halloween using only parts
from the new Inventor sets:
4093 Wild Wind Ups <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4094>,
and 4094 Motor Movers <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4093>.

LEGO Direct producers selected my design of a Frankenstein-like walking
“monster” to be featured in the Build-it area of the LEGO Club section (on the
LEGO.com website).  In addition to taking photos, I also created the model and
the instruction steps in MLCAD.  Yes, I know the colors are off from the real
thing, and that color symmetry was not achieved… but given the colors of the
Inventor sets, it’s the best I could do!  :)

To see the instructions, go to:
<http://club.lego.com/buildit/Default.asp?>
(you will need a LEGO Club nickname and password)

Alternatively, you can visit my Brickshelf account to see a few photos of
Frankenstein, as well as the MLCAD model.

Deep link:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rotorhead/monster/frank_head2small.jpg>
After Moderation:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60816>

Not only a very cool thing to have your work displayed on the LEGO.com site, but
I was also impressed by how much your work kept to the overall style of the
series.

Well done!
Allan B.